fun facts about playwright William Shakespeare: Interested in Willam Shakespeare facts? Below you can read seven quick facts about Shakespeare, or delve deeper into our longer selection of interesting facts about the great man and his life.
William Shakespeare was an English playwright, poet and actor. He is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world’s greatest dramatist. He is often called England’s national poet and the “Bard of Avon”.
Born: April 1564, Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Died: 23 April 1616, Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Spouse: Anne Hathaway (m. 1582–1616)
Movies: William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet, MORE
Children: Hamnet Shakespeare, Susanna Hall, Judith Quiney
There are many fun facts about playwright William Shakespeare – Top 7 fun facts about playwright William Shakespeare
- Shakespeare lived to be 52. It is known that he was born in April 1564 and that he died on 23rd April 1616. We know that he was baptized on 26th April 1564 and scholars now believe that he was born on April 23rd. He therefore died on his fifty-second birthday, coinciding with St George’s Day. How fitting that the great English writer is so closely identified with the patron saint of England!
- Shakespeare married Anne Hathaway when he was 18. She was 26 and she was pregnant when they married. Their first child was born six months after the wedding.
- Shakespeare’s profession was acting. He is listed in documents of 1592, 1598 and 1603 as an actor. There is evidence that he played the ghost in Hamlet and Adam in As You Like It.
- Almost four hundred years after Shakespeare’s death there are 157 million pages referring to him on Google. There are 132 million for God, 2.7 million for Elvis Presley, and coming up on Shakespeare’s heels, George W Bush with 14.7 million.
- All Uranus’ satellites are named after Shakespearean characters.
- There are more than eighty ways that his last name has been spelled in history.
- We do not really know what Shakespeare looked like! Not one portrait was painted of Shakespeare whilst he was still alive!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) of fun facts about playwright William Shakespeare
What is Shakespeare’s most famous line?
“This above all: to thine own self be true, …
“Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.” …
“Men at some time are masters of their fates: …
“Good night, good night! …
“All the world’s a stage,
Shakespeare’s most famous work?
The most famous among his tragedies are Hamlet, Othello, King Lear and Macbeth. Shakespeare also wrote 4 poems, and a famous collection of Sonnets which was first published in 1609.
How many books Shakespeare wrote?
His extant works, including collaborations, consist of some 39 plays, 154 sonnets, three long narrative poems, and a few other verses, some of uncertain authorship.
#Top7Portal #Top10 #Top20 #Top100 #ListofTop10About #ListofTop20About #WorldInformation #Knowledge #Todaynews #Question #Answer #Forbes #Top10Facts #Top10ofEverything #Top7ofEverything #Top20ofEverything #PresentBestTop10Lists #TopTen #TopTwenty #TopSeven #WorldWide
Visit Now:- Top 7 Oldest Universities in the World, History, Location Also Read:- Top 7 YouTube Videos All Time – Most Viewed YouTube Video in 2022 Read More:- Top 7 Insane Philosophical Ideas The Matrix Stole used from other people You Can Know:- 11 Bollywood Celebrity couple separated after marriage, but never got divorced Visit Now:- 10 Supporting Actor Characters Of Bollywood Still Alive! Gabbar to Mogambo
Conclusion of Top 7 Portal is Provide World Top Informative & Knowledgeable Information Website.
if you need anything else, or have inquiries, questions you would love us to answer, kindly use the comment box below to reach us. We’ll be updating this page with more updated Top 7 Portal Latest News & Update.
You are reading this article via “Top 7 Portal“, thank you very much for reading our article. Friends If you liked this article, please share it with your friends.